[Xotcl] Default-value substitution using substdefault

Maksym Zinchenko siqsuruq at gmail.com
Fri Aug 12 16:25:22 CEST 2022

Hello, I'm having trouble to define "srv" property in my superclass with
default value from Naviserver command, may be Im doing smth wrong, would be
so kind to help:

nx::Class create dz_superclass {
> :property identifier
> :property {srv,substdefault=0b111: {[ns_info server]}}
> :method init {} {
> set :uuid ""
> if {[[current object] info vars identifier] eq ""} {
> set :identifier ""
> } else {
> if {[is_uuid ${:identifier}] == 1} {
> set :uuid ${:identifier}
> }
> }
> }
> }

nx::Class create dz_class -superclass dz_superclass {
> :method init {} {
> if {${:identifier} ne ""} {
> set :obj_data [dict getnull [select_all client *
> uuid_client=\'${:identifier}\'] 0]
> }
> }
> }

When I create object:

> dz_class create o1 -identifier 67720c6d-d00f-479b-85cf-4edaa5a9cb1a

o1 cget -srv

Im getting literal "[ns_info server]" instead of my virtual server name

> [ns_info server]

Thank you